I do occasional in home consulting on personal
computers and other technology related issues. Here is a little
information regarding this service.
Restrictions on Standard Rate
• Programming services will be higher and can be negotiated.
• A one hour minimum is charged for all consultations.
• No additional fee is charged for house calls that require less than
30 minutes of driving and where parking is free.
• If parking in the area is not free, the amount for parking will be
• If the round trip travel time to your location is greater than 30
minutes then you will be billed for the additional transit time above 30
minutes at the standard rate of $30/hour. (May be waived if the
consultation is 2 hours or greater, dependent on the time spent in
When are you available?
This varies considerably and I will do my best to schedule a convenient
appointment with you. If you are interested in an appointment you can
call me at 319-545-2260 or email me at email@example.com.
What services do you offer?
I specialize in Macintosh based systems running Mac OS 7 - X. However I
also have experience with Windows 95/98/2000/XP and some Unix variants.
I also offer tutoring with regard to learning how to use computers and
specific applications. The most common thing that I do is hardware and
software troubleshooting. This is because the $30/hour that I charge is
usually less than what you would pay an actual business for a house
call. For more info you can take a look at my resume
to find out about my background.
What sorts of consultations have you
• Windows 98 TCP/IP troubleshooting and Internet set up.
• Microsoft Word tutoring.
• iMac system reinstallation.
• Backup hardware consultation and installation.
• Hard drive replacement and upgrade.
• Ram upgrades.
• Troubleshooting of a home built PC.
If you are interested in these services but are skeptical of my skills
I can provide references upon request. Please note that my response time
to requests is usually 48 hours. Also please note that I do not do this
full time and it has simply grown out of helping friends and then being
referred to their friends.